The name of the party shall be “Pakistan People's Front”.
The party shall have a green colour flag with a white centre, having the organizations initials inside. The colors are essentially representative of the Pakistani flag.
PPF shall advocate, support and lay special emphasis on: 1) Good Governance leading to a lasting peace, economic prosperity and domestic stability 2) Elimination of all forms of terrorism and extremism from the Country and ensuring respect for and implementation of the Rule of Law. 3) Achievement of 100 percent literacy rate. 4) Introducing social security programme with emphasis on health . 5) Reforming Criminal Justice System.6) Eliminating Corruption. 7) Austerity at all levels. 8) Participation of Youth in the Progress of the Country. 9) Vocational Training .10) Poverty Elimination. 11) Human Resource Development , 12) Resolution of the Kashmir Dispute in accordance with the UN Resolutions and the wishes of the people . 13) Bridging the gap between the government and the people.14) Strive for peace in those areas of Pakistan, including areas adjacent and contiguous to its borders, which are affected by violence, conflict and contentious issues. 15) Bring to the attention of the people, the UN and the international community , the continuous suffering and killing of innocent people living in areas affected by the ongoing conflicts, extremism and terrorism in the South Asian Region.16) Promote national and local values, traditions and culture that are based on the tenets of Islam, tolerance, pluralism, honor, loyalty, diligence, hospitality, chivalry, discipline, forgiveness, sacrifice and love and respect for family and the Country. 17) Work for the progress, development and security of Pakistan, in line with the vision of the Father of the Nation, Quaid E Azam ,Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
The Central Office of the Party shall be at 204 ,Tariq Heights, F 11/1 Islamabad, Pakistan.
Every citizen of Pakistan of 18 years and above; having agreed to the Front’s mandate and manifesto and having accepted the responsibility to pursue its objectives shall be accepted as a member after signing a simple bond to the effect on payment of Rs100 as membership fee.
The structure of the front shall comprise the following :
1. PPF shall be structured at multiple levels; ie National, Provincial, District ,Tesil and Union Council levels. The provincial wings shall have the prominent letter (s) of their official names indicated appropriately in the initials . Thus, PPFP shall mean Pakistan People’s Front Pukhtunkhwa. Similarly, the acronyms PPFB for Balochistan, PPFS for Sind, PPFPB for Punjab and PPFA for AJ&K and PPFGB for Gilgit Baltistan etc, shall be used. PPF shall be governed at the federal level by a Central Executive Council (CEC)/Core Committee(CC), comprising at least 8 members, out of which one each will be elected as Chairperson, Patron, President, Senior Vice President, Vice President, General Secretary, Secretary Information and Finance Secretary. PPF shall also have councils at other levels, to achieve its mandate, as outlined in the following paragraphs.
2. Provincial Executive Council (PEC), with generally the same structure as CEC.
3. District Executive Councils (DEC).
4. Tehsil Executive Councils (TEC) .
4. Union Council Coordination Cells (UCCC)
5. A youth League comprising College Students and young professionals under the age of 40 years.
The CEC/CC shall have the following powers and functions:
1. Form all policies and implement them in the light of the PPF mandate/ manifesto.
2. ACT as the supreme organ of the Party, elect members to the Central and key Provincial Executive Committees and other office-bearers of the Party. For this purpose, PPF shall hold party elections in a free and fair manner in accordance with the relevant laws. The CEC shall also appoint an election commission and commissioner, for the conduct of all elections.
3. To amend or abrogate the mandate, structure, manifesto and constitution of the Front: This shall be effected by 2/3rd majority of the present members of the CEC/CC, provided that the number of members present in the meeting shall not be less than half of the total members.
4. To approve a no-confidence motion against an office-bearer of the CEC/CC and to elect a new office-bearer in case of approval of the no-confidence motion.
5. To collect funds for the PPF and keep accounts of the expenditures
6. To take necessary steps for forming alliances or approve such alliances with other political groups or organizations .
7. To prepare annual budget of the Front; approve income and expenditure and to audit the accounts of the Front itself or through another institution
8. To approve expenditures incurred by the President and Secretary General in their discretion.
9. The CEC shall be headed by a Chairperson, to be elected among the CEC members for a period of three years
10. As a senior/founder CEC member, the Patron shall support, champion and protect the Front and the CEC in every possible manner.
The Central Council shall hold, at least, three meetings in a year . The Secretary General shall circulate notices and agenda of the meeting to the members. In case of emergency meeting, a 3 days notice shall be required.
1/4th members of the CEC shall constitute the quorum for its meetings.
1. The President shall be the Party's Head and leader and shall exercise all powers relating to his appointment as decided by the CEC. He shall be elected from amongst the CEC members for a period of three years. He shall be responsible for supervising the work of the Party's office-bearers in the light of the Party Manifesto and Constitution.
2. The President can suspend a member or office-bearer of the Party as a disciplinary measure, which shall be ratified by the CEC/CC in its meeting.
3. The Party President can take disciplinary action against a subordinate organ of the Party only with the approval of the CEC.
4. The President shall preside over all meetings of the Party Office bearers .
5. The President shall have the power to recommend members for the CEC/CC in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution
6. The President shall have the power of spending Rs 30,000/ at a time, details of which shall be provided to the CEC.
7. In the absence of the President, the Senior Vice President (SVP) may head the affairs of the Party. In case the SVP is also not present, the CEC may designate any CEC member to head the Party.
8. The President shall be the Party Leader and head, as defined in the Political Parties Rules 2002, for a period of three years.
The SVP shall assist the President in the performance of his/her duties, as directed by the CEC. In absence of the President, the Senior Vice President shall be the acting President and shall exercise all powers of the President. Besides, the Senior Vice President shall assist the President in the performance of his/ her duties.
The Vice Presidents shall exercise such powers and functions as shall be delegated to them by the President or the CEC/CC.
1. The Secretary General shall be the head of the Party’s administrative affairs. Besides, he/ she shall supervise the work of the other office bearers of the Front.
2. Shall be responsible for keeping all records, files, papers and affairs of the Party's office.
3. Shall minute all proceedings of the meetings and shall present it for approval in the next meeting
4. Shall prepare annual reports, which shall be presented for approval in the meeting of the CEC.
5. Shall convene meetings of the CEC/CC with the approval of the Chairman CEC and the President and prepare agenda for each meeting for information and actions by members.
6. Shall appoint, in consultation with the President, office staff; determine terms and conditions of their service; and shall supervise and take disciplinary action against them, if so required.
7. Shall deliver collected funds to the Finance Secretary of the Party.
8. Shall chalk-out a program to run the affairs of the Party in line with the Constitution and shall take approval from the CEC in this regard.
9. The Secretary General shall have the power to spend Rs10,000/ from the Party's funds at a time.
1. He/ she shall open a joint account in the name of the President, the Secretary General and the Finance Secretary, which shall be operated by any two signatures among them.
2. Shall deposit all cash in the Bank Account.
3. Shall keep a proper record of the income and expenditure of the Party and shall audit such accounts of the Party.
1. He/ she shall be responsible for awareness and publicity of the Party
2. Shall arrange media conferences/events/briefings, as per directives of the President and the Secretary General. Besides, he/she shall be responsible for publication of the Party's manifesto and constitution.
The election of other office bearers among the CEC, PEC, DEC, and TEC shall be held through open balloting and their duties and responsibilities shall be decided later, in subsequent meetings of these committees. Their tenure shall also be for a period of three years, unless decided otherwise by the CEC
1/4th members of the CEC/CC can requisition a meeting by issuing a written notice, along with agenda, in the name of the Secretary General of the Party. On receipt of the notice, the Secretary General, after consultation with the Chairman/ CEC/CC and the President, shall be bound to summon a meeting of the Council within two weeks. The agenda of the meeting shall be the one provided by the requisitioning members.
All disputes shall be resolved through arbitration committees to be appointed at the national, provincial, distt and other levels, on as required basis. The arbitration committee will be formed by the chairman of the respective committee, at each level, from amongst the members of that level and shall comprise of three persons. In case the issue can not be resolved in this manner, the final decision will be given through majority vote of the CEC.
1. The Secretary General, in consultation with the Chairman CEC, President of PPF and the Provincial and District Conveners, shall recommend candidates for Party Office Bearers and the National and Provincial Assemblies. All names shall be approved by the Central Executive Committee.
2. The chairperson of the election commission, appointed by the CEC shall be elected among the members of the said Committee .
3. Soon after the notification of the Front, the election commission shall chalk out its own rules/ regulations and procedures at the federal and provincial levels.
4.The election commission shall hear all appeals in connection with Party's elections at all levels.
5. Decision of the election commission shall be final. No appeal shall lie against decisions of the election commission.
All Party candidates must be highly educated or and/experienced and shall have impeccable character and spotless reputation
The Party fund shall be raised through the following sources:
1. Donations that are in compliance with the Political Parties Order 2002.
2. Individual membership fees
3. Each member of the CEC/CC and PEC shall pay a minimum monthly fee of Rs1500/, which shall be deposited before a meeting of the Committee .
The Party's funds shall be audited at least once in a year, by an internal committee appointed by the CEC as well as external auditors.